Mold Removal in the Home

Mold can cause flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue, asthma, allergies, coughs, and rashes. Mold found in the home should be eliminated for this reason. Even dead mold can cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to mold. Mold grows in humid conditions.

If there is mold in any of these areas of the house, they should be removed. If there is mold over a large area of more than 10 square feet, the mold should be removed with a mildew remover. By reading this article you can get the best information about a safe alternative for removing mold & viruses.

Mold Removal in the Home

Tips for getting rid of mold at home:

Smaller parts of the house that contain mold can be removed by homeowners as long as proper safety precautions are in place. Masks should be worn when removing mold. The EPA and CDC recommend a mask called an N-95 particulate respirator.

White vinegar or 50/50 detergent and aqueous solution can be used to remove mold from hard plastics, glass, and metal surfaces. The area should then be dried immediately. Mildew-infected wallpaper, drywall, and carpet mats cannot be removed.

Wood surfaces that are affected by mold should be cleaned and then sanded. Installing additional fans and other sources of ventilation in the house can help the drying process and prevent future mold outbreaks.

The leaking pipe under the sink needs to be repaired and replaced to prevent mold from spreading. Mold cannot grow without moisture, so it is very important to fix all sources of moisture. Controlling humidity in the house is also one way to prevent mold.