Jamaican black castor oil (JBCO) has been used as a hair growth stimulant for centuries. It is also known to treat other hair problems such as dry scalp, brittle hair,thinning, and breakage.
Jamaican black castor oil is a natural, unrefined castor oil type made from castor seeds (Ricinus communis). This oil is also known as the Palm Christie (Hand of Christ), possibly because of the miraculous healing properties attributed to it in ancient Egypt and Rome.
Image Source: Google
The difference between castor oil and regular castor oil lies in the method of extraction. JBCO is extracted using traditional methods which are believed to retain all the essential nutrients in the oil and is easily recognized by its black color and characteristic smell.
There are many benefits of using JBCO on hair:
1. It is known that regular use of JBCO on the scalp and roots not only promotes regrowth, but also helps to remove dry hair and scalp.
2. Adding body to thinning hair.
3. Helps maintain healthy edges and improves hair texture and overall appearance.
4. It is known to relieve scalp discomfort which is common in people with alopecia.
5. Generally supports healthy hair growth.
For hair loss, thinning, or hair breakage: Massage JBCO onto your scalp for three minutes each night to stimulate the hair follicles. You can also buy scalp massagers and do scalp massages on a weekly basis.